Company: Mozayix International
Job Title: Paramedic Lead (Ukraine)
Employment Terms: Contract
Status: Position is notional contingent upon contract award.
Location: STE 400 2011 Crystal Drive, Arlington, Virginia 22202
Mozayix is the leading provider of security risk management and operational support services to clients worldwide. From security management, crisis response, training and logistics, to life support and information services, we offer a wide range of capabilities to help clients operate safely and efficiently no matter where they are in the world. Our solutions are tailored to our clients’ objectives and the unique risks they face in their operating environment.
All Mozayix staff are vetted, well trained, and enjoy open lines of communication with our international managers.
The Paramedic Lead will provide Medical Support Services in accordance with Mozayix specifications and guidelines. The Paramedic Lead will provide emergent medical care to approximately 800 mission members patrolling the Eastern Region of the Ukraine on a 24-hour basis, 265 days a year. The Paramedic Lead will report to the Project Manager.
The Paramedic Lead will be supervised by the Project Manager with medical support provided by the Medical Director. The Lead will supervise the Paramedic Teams at their assigned site in Ukraine under the direction of the Project Manager. He or She will perform emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessment. Typically, a Paramedic will deal with bleeding, fractures, airway obstruction, cardiac arrest, and emergency childbirth. Paramedics will use and maintain common emergency equipment, such as backboards, suction devices, splints, oxygen delivery systems, and stretchers.
The Lead will facilitate and ensure that the Medical Unit, Operations and Security Staff have access to and ongoing contact with the Program Manager and other support staff to ensure overall administration and operational management are performed in a timely manner. The Lead will ensure staffing levels are always mission capable. He or She will address employee performance and address disciplinary issues with the support of Program Management.
If your qualifications, experience, and interests are aligned with this role and you would like to work with a team of professionals who are passionate about helping clients solve dynamic problems then we invite you to submit your application today.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises Paramedic Teams at assigned site.
- Monitors performance of staff and coaches for correction.
- Handles disciplinary issues with proper actions, including coaching and documentation.
- Manages the teams daily work schedule at assigned site.
- Provides Daily and Weekly reports to the Project Manager.
- Oversees training and operations of the site under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Creates a culture that can examine its own area’s for process improvement and implementation.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating the functioning of medical transportation services; arranging/conducting meetings between various EMS agencies.
- Administers primary and emergency medical treatment in accordance with approved protocols and licensure, in both field and small clinic environments.
- Administers IV Fluid, Blood, and Blood Products.
- Treats, packages, and bandages wounds.
- Administers injections and medications, performs advanced respiratory procedures including emergency surgical cricothyroidotomy and ET (endotracheal) intubation.
- Accompanies client personnel on field missions as and when scheduled by client.
- Treats injuries and/or illnesses using advanced life support techniques and medications.
- Documents and records all patient interactions and care provided.
- Completes all required client and regulatory reports and logs.
- Provides medical training to client as requested.
- Reports complete and concise patient records to the staff at the receiving facility.
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field required.
- Ability to travel to and operate in high and extreme threat environments for up to number (12) weeks at a time;
- Ability to communicate fluently, both in writing and orally, in English
- Submission of three (3) professional references;
- Basic email and computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel are required;
- Completion of a criminal background check.
- Must have completed a formal Paramedic training program leading to a diploma, certification or bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a licensed Paramedic.
- Shall have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Hold and maintain a current unrestricted Paramedic license from country of origin.
- Have and maintain current certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Tactical Casualty Combat Care (TCCC) or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in a technically relevant field preferred.
Contractor/Employee will be paid a competitive salary. Position is notional contingent upon contract award.
Work is done on a rotational basis with two (2) months on, and one (1) month off, however, candidates need to be flexible. Schedules will be driven by operational requirements.