Company: Mozayix International
Job Title: Security Analyst (Intern)
Level: Level 1 – Entry/ Internship
Employment Terms: Short-term contract
Location: Arlington, VA or St. Augustine, FL
Mozayix is a recognized leader in international security management. Our highly skilled and experienced consultants and our innovative products and services consistently deliver cost-effective solutions that enable our clients to travel and conduct business in some of the world’s most challenging locations. Our clients rely on Mozayix analysis, assessments, briefs and reports to provide critical insight that enables informed security decisions affecting policy, planning, and spending.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Security Analyst Intern
Security Analysts possess a combination of analytical skills, security industry knowledge, international business and knowledge of local cultures and customs. Interns will conduct daily analysis on threat event reporting in one or more assigned geographies. As an analyst, your role is to understand the security context, threat groups and key stakeholders and conditions that cause drive threat event trends. Ultimately your goal is to offer specific recommendations to Mozayix clients that will help them reduce exposure to threat events. As a Security Analyst (Intern) your tasks will include:
- research, review, evaluate and analyze security events and other information from a wide range of sources
- register specific events into the Mozayix database
- post to company social media accounts
- support other team members with security threat and risk assessments
- draft reports, briefs, and other analysis summarizing your objective assessments of risks to our clients
Successful applicants for the Intern position will:
- have a passion for foreign affairs and international events
- be well organized, flexible and able to work both independently and as part of project teams
- be able to multi-task and deliver work products on tight timelines
- able to conduct internet research to cross-reference and multi-source events or facts
- draft descriptive but concise copy to convey the key elements of your findings
- prepare longer reports of finding
Through regular, (daily) analysis on threat events in one or more assigned geographies, the analyst will gain a more detailed understanding of the factors that drive (in)security. As an analyst-in-training, you should endeavor to more deeply understand the security context, threat groups and key stakeholders and conditions that drive prevalent threat events to occur. Ultimately, your goal is to be able to offer specific recommendations to our clients to assist them in reducing their exposure. A Mozayix manager will also work with you to accomplish any specific objective that is directly related to your field of study. Examples of this include publication of a print article, blog posting, white-paper or other written deliverable required by your course of study. Successful interns will also receive a letter of reference which can be used in future employment endeavors.
Background and Interests:
Applicants should have a personal and professional interest in world events, global politics, international security, and international business. Applicants who are fluent in second or third language including Spanish, French or Arabic are preferred.
Applicants should be recent graduates or in their final year of a relevant field of study including:
- Global Security Management
- International Security or Terrorism
- Criminal Justice
Interns are paid an hourly wage of $15.00/hour with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
How To Apply
If your qualifications, experience, and interests are aligned with this role and you would like to work with a team of professionals who are passionate about helping clients solve dynamic security challenges then we invite you to submit your application today
Click the button below to start your application.