Company: Mozayix International
Title: Security Consultant, Afghanistan
Employment Terms: Contract Work
Mozayix is the leading provider of security risk management and operational support services to clients worldwide with a focus on the International Development Sector (NGOs). From security management, crisis response, training, and logistics, to life support and information services, we offer a wide range of capabilities to help clients operate safely and efficiently no matter where they are in the world. Our solutions are tailored to our clients’ objectives and the unique risks they face in their operating environment.
All Mozayix staff are vetted, well trained, and enjoy open lines of communication with our international managers.
If your qualifications, experience, and interests are aligned with this role and you would like to work with a team of professionals who are passionate about helping clients solve dynamic problems then we invite you to submit your application today.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Security Consultant, Afghanistan:
- Provides leadership, vision and management to the local security contractor’s team;
- Makes recommendations to company leadership on improvements and adaptations for field office security and operational protocols, to allow overseas employees to remain safe and operationally effective in a changing security environment;
- Facilitates secure transportation for client personnel within Afghanistan;
- Actively consider new and innovative ways of seeking continuous improvement in the delivery of safety and security best practices in Afghanistan;
- Conducts regular meetings and participates actively in the country-level strategic planning process;
- Collects information from local contacts and analyzes it to better understand the local security context;
- Assists in the selection of qualified local security service providers;
- Trains and supervises local security service providers to improve their skills and ability to perform their duties to a high standard;
- Conducts performance audits and reviews of local security providers;
- Collaborates with team leaders to facilitate their business objectives;
- Provides input and guidance in the curriculum and delivery of training courses; provides input on the safety and security components used in training courses; and recommends new course material where necessary.
Preferred Experience and Work History:
We are interested in candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Candidates whose resumes highlight the following parameters will receive the greatest level of review by our hiring team.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the field of Security Management with senior-level management exposure to the spheres of strategic planning, project and budget management, employee mentoring and leadership;
- Previous experience supporting international development organizations with overseas operations, offices or projects;
- Experience supporting projects funded by USAID, DFID, AusAID, ADB, EBRD, or other similar organizations highly valued;
- Military or law enforcement background highly valued;
- Willingness to learn new methods and conform to internal processes and procedures;
- Ability to draft, proof and submit documents that are free of errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Capable of working both in teams as well as independently;
- Experienced working on projects with time constraints and deadlines;
- Experience working or living overseas particularly in high/extreme threat areas;
- Willingness to live and work internationally for up to 8 weeks;
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in another language is highly valued.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly valued;
- Relevant professional certifications are highly valued.
References and Writing Samples:
Applicants must have strong references from previous employers or clients. Samples of previous written work products may be requested as part of the selection process.
Compensation: Mozayix offers competitive rates based on qualifications, experience, work, and salary history.
Note: Travel to medium or high threat international locations is required.